Dates of Activity: 6:30pm Friday 28/2/20 to 1:30pm Sunday 1/3/20
Cost: $0.00 (self-cater)
Must have a pre-made, non-cooking lunch for Saturday.
Depart Scout Hall, 6:30pm Friday. Car Pooling
Return: Pickup from Buxton's Bend at 1:30pm Sunday
See Google Map below.
Scouts need only scarf to travel to and from activity.
There will be swimming. We provide life jackets. BYO if you like.
The leader in Charge of Activity: TBA
Emergency Contact During Activity: Steven Munro 0499777692 & Your Scout Leader
Personal Gear Memory Jog (not exhaustive)
- hat, wide-brimmed (take a spare also). No hat = no activity
- water shoes or old sneakers
- rashie or T-shirt for water
- mess kit/camp stove
- dry clothes
- dry shoes (this often is forgotten)
- life jacket if you prefer to use your own. We will take our 5th Mildura life jackets.
- warm clothes for evenings
- All gear must be clearly marked with the owner's name. No responsibility will be taken for any lost property.
Shoes, Life Jacket, Hat, T-Shirt and Water Bottle are compulsory while on the raft!
Tents and Sleeping
- BYO if you want to. We will also take a couple of the large 5th Mildura tents. Boys with boys, girls with girls.
- sleeping bag
- roll-out mattress
- swags ok, but all scouts will be set up side-by-side.
PLEASE SIGN UP TO CAREMONKEY AS WE ARE NOT USING THE OLD HEALTH FORMS ANYMORE. Join CareMonkey here!
Raft Regatta Menu Guide.
- Eat dinner before you leave.
- Supper - something easy like fruit jellies or tubs of fruit or biscuits. We will supply hot water if they want Milo.
- Breakfast. Little cereals are good, breakfast bars etc. fruit juice box/milo. BBQ is available.
- Lunch - lunch that can be eaten while out on the river somewhere. No cooking. Salads, rice cakes, tuna and vegemite are good. Piece of fruit.
- Dinner - BBQ. Sausages, onion, bread and sauce. BYO meat placed in Troop esky Friday night.
- Supper - something similar to Friday night.
- Breakfast - similar to Saturday.
- Lunch - similar to Saturday.
There will be an esky with ice. I will have water and cordial.
Bring only what is needed. Avoid food that spoils easily.