Week 1 – Mon 15 July – Ice Skating (Group Night)
Week 1 – Wed 17 July – Troop Council (PL’s and APL’s only)
Week 2 – Monday 22 July – Grey Wolf Presentation: Carla Harriss (Scouts invited to attend).
Week 2 – Wed 24 July – Apollo 11 Night (games, quiz, trivia, fun facts).
Week 3 – Wed 31 July – Roller Skating, Sun City Rollerama. 55 The Crescent, Mildura.
Week 3 – Thursday 4 July – Scarf Day https://www.scoutscarfday.com/
Week 4 – Thurs 8 August, 6:30pm – Scouts in Action Month ‘Water Aerobics at Waves’. https://www.scoutsinactionmonth.com/
Week 5 – Wed 14 August – Plan for District Troop Camp (write note, plan format, menu, set badge work goals, program).
Week 6 – Wed 21 August – First Aid (Mock Emergency). Training for 1 hour. Mock Emergency 1 hour.
Week 7 – Wed 28 August – Father’s Day Night
Week 8 – Wed 4 Sept – Packing for camp. (Check menus, gear list, etc).
Week 8 – Thursday 5 Sept – Shopping in Patrols or Troop.
District Troop Camp (District Event) - 6-8 September – Little Manly, Curlwaa (camp however we want, do whatever we want).
Week 9 – Wed 11 Sept – Eco Village.
Week 10 – Wed 18 Sept – Rover Night.
Feb 16, 2019
Feb 14, 2019
Location of Activity: Buxton's Bend, Nangiloc / Colignan
Dates of Activity: 6:30pm Friday 22/2/19 to 1:30pm Sunday 24/2/19
Cost: $0.00 (self-cater)
Must have a pre-made, non-cooking lunch for Saturday.
THEME: "EVERYTHING SCOUTING"
Depart: Scout Hall, 6:30pm Friday. Car Pooling
Return: Pickup from Buxton's Bend at 1:30pm Sunday
See Google Map below.
Scouts need only scarf to travel to and from activity.
There will be swimming.
Leader in Charge of Activity: John Loughhead (5th Mildura) & John Lauder (Irymple)
Emergency Contact During Activity: John Loughhead 0477175911 & Your Scout Leader
Personal Gear Memory Jog (not exhaustive)
- hat, wide brimmed (take a spare also). No hat = no activity
- water shoes or old sneakers
- rashie or T-shirt for water
- mess kit / camp stove
- dry clothes
- dry shoes (this often is forgotten)
- life jacket if you prefer to use your own. We will take our 5th Mildura life jackets.
- warm clothes for evenings
- All gear must be clearly marked with the owner's name. No responsibility will be taken for any lost property.
Shoes, Life Jacket, Hat, T-Shirt and Water Bottle are compulsory while on the raft!
Tents / Sleeping
- BYO if you want to. We will also take a couple of the large 5th Mildura tents.
- No Scout to sleep alone - everyone to share a tent with someone. Boys with boys, girls with girls.
- sleeping bag
- roll out mattress
PLEASE SIGN UP TO CAREMONKEY AS WE ARE NOT USING THE OLD HEALTH FORMS ANYMORE. Join CareMonkey here!
Map to Raft Regatta camp site. (Use controls on map to zoom in and out).
View Larger Map
Raft Regatta Menu Guide.
- Eat dinner before you leave.
- Supper - something easy like fruit jellies or tubs of fruit or biscuits. We will supply hot water if they want Milo.
- Breakfast. Little cereals are good, breakfast bars etc. fruit juice box/milo. BBQ available.
- Lunch - lunch that can be eaten while out on the river somewhere. No cooking. Salada , rice cakes, tuna and vegemite are good. Piece of fruit.
- Dinner - BBQ. Sausages, onion, bread and sauce. BYO meat placed in Troop esky Friday night.
- Supper - something similar to Friday night.
- Breakfast - similar to Saturday.
- Lunch - similar to Saturday.
Bring only what is needed. Avoid food that spoil easily.
Posted by JL at 11:28 PM
Jan 29, 2019
ATTENTION SCOUTS: there will be a Troop Council held on Wednesday night at the Hall from 7:30pm til 8:30pm.
Patrol Leaders and APL need only attend, please come armed with ideas for term 1 planning.
SCOUTS TO START FEBRUARY 6th, 2019
Posted by JL at 11:06 AM
Oct 17, 2018
OK here is some JOTA/JOTI info.
Yes it is Mildura Show 🎡 weekend, but you can see the fireworks 🎆(just) from the hall.
Come along and see if you can make a new friend, who is in Scouting or Guiding from anywhere around the world.
It will make you see how big our organisations are!
See you there!
Posted by JL at 11:09 PM