Mar 21, 2018
Change of plan because the lock master we know is away for 4 weeks. We are meeting at the hall at 7pm, then walking down Deakin Avenue looking at all the war memorials and doing a quiz. Pick up is at 9pm at the Great Australian Ice Creamery. Some will buy an ice cream at the end.
Posted by JL at 1:12 PM
Mar 1, 2018
Location of Activity: Buxton's Bend, Nangiloc / Colignan
Dates of Activity: 6pm Friday 2/3/18 to 2pm Sunday 4/3/18
Cost: $0.00 (self-cater)
THEME: Australiana - flags, t-shirts, face paint, etc.
Must have a pre-made, non-cooking lunch for Saturday.
Depart: Scout Hall, 6:30pm Friday. Car Pooling
Return: Pickup from Buxton's Bend at 1:30pm Sunday
See Google Map below.
Scouts need only scarf to travel to and from activity.
There will be swimming.
Leader in Charge of Activity: Sharon Bruton & John Lauder, Irymple Scout Leader
Emergency Contact During Activity: John Loughhead 0477175911
Personal Gear Memory Jog (not exhaustive)
- hat, wide brimmed (take a spare also). No hat = no activity
- water shoes or old sneakers
- rashie or T-shirt for water
- mess kit / camp stove
- dry clothes
- dry shoes (this often is forgotten)
- life jacket if you prefer to use your own. We will take our 5th Mildura life jackets.
- warm clothes for evenings
- All gear must be clearly marked with the owner's name. No responsibility will be taken for any lost property.
Shoes, Life Jacket, Hat, T-Shirt and Water Bottle are compulsory while on the raft!
Tents / Sleeping
- BYO if you want to. We will also take a couple of the large 5th Mildura tents.
- No Scout to sleep alone - everyone to share a tent with someone. Boys with boys, girls with girls.
- sleeping bag
- roll out mattress
PLEASE SIGN UP TO CAREMONKEY AS WE ARE NOT USING THE OLD HEALTH FORMS ANYMORE. Join CareMonkey here!
Map to Raft Regatta camp site. (Use controls on map to zoom in and out).
View Larger Map
Raft Regatta Menu Guide.
- Eat dinner before you leave.
- Supper - something easy like fruit jellies or tubs of fruit or biscuits. I will supply hot water if they want Milo.
- Breakfast - no cooking. Little cereals are good, breakfast bars etc. fruit juice box/milo
- Lunch - lunch that can be eaten while out on the river somewhere. No cooking. Salada , rice cakes, tuna and vegemite are good. Piece of fruit
- Dinner - BBQ. Sausages, onion, bread and sauce. BYO meat placed in Troop esky Friday night.
- Supper - something similar to Friday night.
- Breakfast - similar to Saturday.
- Lunch - similar to Saturday.
Bring only what is needed. Avoid food that spoil easily.
Posted by JL at 7:50 PM