Oct 17, 2018
OK here is some JOTA/JOTI info.
Yes it is Mildura Show 🎡 weekend, but you can see the fireworks 🎆(just) from the hall.
Come along and see if you can make a new friend, who is in Scouting or Guiding from anywhere around the world.
It will make you see how big our organisations are!
See you there!
Posted by JL at 11:09 PM
Oct 10, 2018
Aug 15, 2018
May 14, 2018
This year the Bike Hike will be held in along the banks of the Murray on the Victorian side, from John’s Way (just past Lindermans) to the Nichols Point Scout Hall.
We will be camping on Friday night just off Johns Way, over Outlet Creek, which is just past the Karadoc Winery off the Kulkyne Way. (See map below).
Starts: Friday May 18th, Meet at 6:00pm at the 5th Mildura Scout Hall. Depart the Hall by 6:30pm. (Scouts to arrange car pooling). We will be taking the scout trailer for the transport of bikes and gear.
Finishes: Approximately 1pm Sunday at the John Douglas Scout Centre at Nichols Point. (Exact time will be advised to Parents by text message).
What to Bring: Usual camping gear. Tent (at least 2 scouts per tent - Scouts to organise), sleeping bag, etc. It will be very cold. Your main bag will be carried in a trailer from camp site to camp site. You will only need to carry a small bag with food, water, etc.
Food. You will be self catering, hike style for all meals. Bring your own food and hike cooking gear. Keep it light weight, if possible.
You will need a small back pack which will hold your snacks, lunch, water, first aid kit. Hat. Water bottle.
Any questions? Ask us on Wednesday night.
Directions from the 5th Mildura Scout Hall to the Friday night camp site (starting point).
View Directions to Bike / Hike 2018 in a larger map
Posted by JL at 10:14 PM
Apr 7, 2018
5th Mildura Cub Scouts
Term 2 2018
16th April Getting Clucky
23rd April Finding our way
25th April ANZAC DAY Merbein 9am, Mildura 10.30am Full Uniform28th and 29th April 80’s Sleepover at the Hall
7th of May Jambowlree, Joint night with Scouts and Venturers pick up and Drop off at Sunraysia Ten Pin Bowling.
Tuesday 15th May Joint night with Red Cliffs Cubs 6.30pm at Red Cliffs Hall
18th &19th of May Leadership Camp for all Sixers and Seconds and any 10year old Cub Scouts, Psyche Pumps, 6pm Friday night til 11am Saturday, $10 each
21st of May Maps made easy Pack Council Meeting 6pm
28th May JOTT- further info later
June 4th Commonwealth Games Celebration
June 11th Public Holiday
June 18th Rio Vista House
June 25th Sixers and Seconders to plan
Mar 21, 2018
Change of plan because the lock master we know is away for 4 weeks. We are meeting at the hall at 7pm, then walking down Deakin Avenue looking at all the war memorials and doing a quiz. Pick up is at 9pm at the Great Australian Ice Creamery. Some will buy an ice cream at the end.
Posted by JL at 1:12 PM
Mar 1, 2018
Location of Activity: Buxton's Bend, Nangiloc / Colignan
Dates of Activity: 6pm Friday 2/3/18 to 2pm Sunday 4/3/18
Cost: $0.00 (self-cater)
THEME: Australiana - flags, t-shirts, face paint, etc.
Must have a pre-made, non-cooking lunch for Saturday.
Depart: Scout Hall, 6:30pm Friday. Car Pooling
Return: Pickup from Buxton's Bend at 1:30pm Sunday
See Google Map below.
Scouts need only scarf to travel to and from activity.
There will be swimming.
Leader in Charge of Activity: Sharon Bruton & John Lauder, Irymple Scout Leader
Emergency Contact During Activity: John Loughhead 0477175911
Personal Gear Memory Jog (not exhaustive)
- hat, wide brimmed (take a spare also). No hat = no activity
- water shoes or old sneakers
- rashie or T-shirt for water
- mess kit / camp stove
- dry clothes
- dry shoes (this often is forgotten)
- life jacket if you prefer to use your own. We will take our 5th Mildura life jackets.
- warm clothes for evenings
- All gear must be clearly marked with the owner's name. No responsibility will be taken for any lost property.
Shoes, Life Jacket, Hat, T-Shirt and Water Bottle are compulsory while on the raft!
Tents / Sleeping
- BYO if you want to. We will also take a couple of the large 5th Mildura tents.
- No Scout to sleep alone - everyone to share a tent with someone. Boys with boys, girls with girls.
- sleeping bag
- roll out mattress
PLEASE SIGN UP TO CAREMONKEY AS WE ARE NOT USING THE OLD HEALTH FORMS ANYMORE. Join CareMonkey here!
Map to Raft Regatta camp site. (Use controls on map to zoom in and out).
View Larger Map
Raft Regatta Menu Guide.
- Eat dinner before you leave.
- Supper - something easy like fruit jellies or tubs of fruit or biscuits. I will supply hot water if they want Milo.
- Breakfast - no cooking. Little cereals are good, breakfast bars etc. fruit juice box/milo
- Lunch - lunch that can be eaten while out on the river somewhere. No cooking. Salada , rice cakes, tuna and vegemite are good. Piece of fruit
- Dinner - BBQ. Sausages, onion, bread and sauce. BYO meat placed in Troop esky Friday night.
- Supper - something similar to Friday night.
- Breakfast - similar to Saturday.
- Lunch - similar to Saturday.
Bring only what is needed. Avoid food that spoil easily.
Posted by JL at 7:50 PM