Dates of Activity: 26/2/16 to 28/2/16
Cost: $0.00 (self-cater)
THEME: Battleships - Dress Up and decorate your raft!
Must have a pre-made, non-cooking lunch for Saturday.
Depart: Scout Hall, 6:30pm. Car Pooling
Return: Pickup from Buxton's Bend at 1:30pm
See Google Map below.
Scouts need only scarf to travel to and from activity.
There will be swimming.
Leader in Charge of Activity: Steven Munro, Sunraysia District Scout Leader / Alcheringa Scout Leader
Emergency Contact During Activity: John Loughhead 0477175911
Personal Gear Memory Jog (not exhaustive)
- hat, wide brimmed (take a spare also). No hat = no activity
- water shoes or old sneakers
- rashie or T-shirt for water
- mess kit / camp stove
- dry clothes
- dry shoes (this often is forgotten)
- life jacket if you prefer to use your own. We will take our 5th Mildura life jackets.
- warm clothes for evenings
- All gear must be clearly marked with the owner's name. No responsibility will be taken for any lost property.
Shoes, Life Jacket, Hat, T-Shirt and Water Bottle are compulsory while on the raft!
Tents / Sleeping
- BYO if you want to. We will also take a couple of the large 5th Mildura tents.
- no Scout to sleep alone - everyone to share a tent with someone.
- sleeping bag
- roll out mattress
- swags not recommended as they tak up too much space inside small tents.
This is to be treated as a mid-weight camp. There will be a BBQ this year for anyone who wants to use it. I will also have an esky for storage of perishable items for everyone. There will not be a kitchen tent or hot water. Scouts will be required to organise, pack, and setup their camp. They will also have to cook /arrange their meals. Leaders / Parents will be there to help and supervise.
Remember, if it is a day of TOTAL FIRE BAN, you will not be allowed to cook anything!
PLEASE BRING YOUR HEALTH FORM ON WEDNESDAY NIGHT TO SCOUTS.
Map to Raft Regatta camp site. (Use controls on map to zoom in and out).
View Larger Map
Download the Health Form here!